Circus

Approaching midnight on our trip north, it was time to find a hotel.   First exit, no rooms.  I told Bob I was beginning to feel like I was a young girl on a donkey seeking a space at the inn.   The Days Inn beaconed us.  Unloading the circus of people and now 2 dogs was a task of its own.  I was really put off by the sign that read "no pets in hotel".  Bummer for you, Days Inn.  We were not turning back.  We quickly scurried to the room,  like a jacked up parade.   8 hours later, back on the road.  I officially broke the rules.  
We've had a great visit in NY state with Bob's family.  The weather with cooler temperatures has been a welcome change from the oppressive heat in Charlotte.  I ate beef on wick last night for the first time.   It's roast beef on a salt and caraway seed roll. The great blend of savory and salty is delightful.
I mentioned we have 2 dogs now.   Why not add to the menagerie?  Bob's been eager for an English bulldog since our beloved Bella went to doggie heaven a few years ago.  Enter Felicity, 2 year old bulldog rescue.  Messy, snorting, snoring, gassy Felicity.   Her name is French, meaning happy and lucky.  We wanted a French word for her name since French harkens back to our old life of good wine and macaroons.   Classy she is not.  But there is always something now for her to aspire to.   Ben the dog is trying to pretend she's not here.  
More to come as our reenactment of Chevy Chase's Vacation continues....

Comments

  1. I am loving your posts, Lauren! Doing this blog, the authentic, honest way that you are, is so smart and as you say, therapeutic. I know I am not the first person to suggest it could be an excellent outline for your book. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory Mayhem

Being White

Pass me a Corona