Construction Zone

We are in the process of having some work done on the house, which is very exciting.  Once completed, the back of our house will have a screened in porch-one with windows-providing a kind of three season room.  When Bob and I discussed this, we were considering how we could carve out a space in the house that would simply be dedicated for us-if we had company, we had a place for our friends...and when we are home with just the kids, we'd be able to be around them....but in a way that would provide more space.  Thus, the porch.
As with any construction, there have been hiccups from day one.  The floor has had to be installed twice because the wood was laid incorrectly....etc.  One of the guys working on the porch was clearly embarrassed when I caught him picking cherry tomatoes from my garden and eating them.  You can imagine his surprise when I suggested he grab some basil to go with it.   Ben the Dog and Felicity are in rare form.  Ben is sure we are under attack, and has resigned himself to wearing a barking shock collar until project completion.  Felicity is mostly annoyed that her afternoon naps are interrupted.  The lumber in the driveway has literally become a safety hazard.  I may or may not have hit it with our car and now the 'family SUV' is parked on the street daily until  Bob gets home to move it in.  Ciera fell over it yesterday and hit her head while also trying to pick cherry tomatoes.  I fell over it myself while trying to walk the dogs.  The yard is trashed.  The porch will be a blessing once done....I keep telling myself that.  The kids seem to be excited about the porch too, which means they must think they can sit with us out there contrary to the objective....more to come on that once we are post construction. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory Mayhem

Being White

Pass me a Corona