Oh no you didn't.....

I'm doing this parenting class and it's rocking.

I like order.  No doubt about it, these kids are funny but it is a good thing-because they are MESSY.  They are forgetful.  They are loud.  They are my mountain.
However, Love and Logic is cracking me up.  I am literally laughing as I discipline them because they have NO CLUE what the hell is going on.  They just shut up because they are left speechless.  And that, my friends, is awesome.

For some reason, the kids thought playing Marco Polo (yes, the pool game) in the backseat as we are driving home the other night is cool.  The ridiculousness of this did not escape me.  You know where the other kid is-because you are buckled into your seats....how this is even a game is beyond me.
Nevertheless, the escalating noise finally got to me, and I politely asked them to stop the (stupid) game.   This lasted about 30 seconds until it resumed.  I let it go, but when I pulled into the garage, I (theatrically) told them I had an energy drain.  I was just too exhausted to even think about doing anything else for the night for them-I had used all my energy in the car.
As luck would have it,  I have poorly behaved dogs who, fortuitously, had been destroying the house while we were gone.  Water all over the mudroom, some rascal had flipped the bowl.  "Ciera, I am just too tired from the car ride to deal with this.  You are going to have to clean up this mess."  She looks at me-almost calling me out-and responds "Ok".  My response, " I am so glad you are ok with this."  Mop in hand, she got to work. 
As luck would have it, next thing I hear is Isaiah, "Mommy, Bennie poo'ed on the stairs!".  (In my head "you damn dog....but your timing is amazing".)  Why not keep it going....  "Isaiah, you'll have to clean that up.  I am just so exhausted from the car ride."  I went to the fridge, got my last morsel of cheesecake I had been saving, sat on the couch, and turned on my DVR.  I WAS LIBERATED...and not CLEANING!
Tonight, I resumed my one liners.   After being told to clean up his floor, I found Isaiah reading in his bed....with items on the floor.  "No problem, Isaiah, I'll take care of it".  "Thanks, Mommy".  Isaiah's model boat is now in my closet.  He was so blown away he didn't even respond.
Ciera interrupted me so many times tonight I could have screamed.  However, when she asked me to reset her clock I just responded "I set clocks for girls who don't interrupt other people.  Maybe tomorrow. Love you, sleep well."
Needless to say,  Ben the Dog and Felicity the Bulldog are liking me tonight a whole lot more than my kids.  But that's all good.  It's quiet, minus doggie snores, I didn't have to reset a clock, and I have a new model boat to entertain me.   Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory Mayhem

Being White

Pass me a Corona